Saturday, January 29, 2011

Fly Girl

It's become an obsession of mine to put together inventive outfits lately. I'll see something on the feeds, decide I can turn it into roleplay gear, and go for it.
There are a lot of things out there that can be reasonably made in Gor, so why not? A sweater vest that has a low V neck, for instance. The cut of the garment is what is described in the books, and it's reasonable to assume that someone would know how to knit or crochet. But what is going too far?
Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to start a debate here on BtB vs GE. It's not for me to say what is right or wrong in what other people do with their free time. I personally play on a BtB sim because I enjoy it.
Let me show you what I mean though. Take this outfit for example -


This has all the elements of something a slave would wear. 
Collar? Check. Shoulders/arms exposed? Check. Chains? Oh yes, my pretties. Pants? We know now that slaves did wear them, and these particular ones are Japanese style - which we know that culture existed on Gor. 
So why do I feel like Cora looks like a fly girl from "In Living Color"? Meh. I still love these pants :D

I do want to start blogging more things that are specifically Gorean. The creators spend a lot of time on their products, and they deserve the recognition. 
So how about this?


What I'm wearing:
1st Pic -
Hair - Exile -Brandy2 - Marble
Chains - *BOOM* Chains of GunMetal
Pants - [][]Trap[][] Hakama - Purple
Pose - LAP - 40/365
Location - Imperial Ar

2nd Pic -
Hair - Truth - Marcelle - espresso
Outfit - (un)Touched - Leather & Lace - Peach
(Note: There are even more pieces to this outfit that aren't shown. It's got a LOT of options)
Pose - oOo Studio - Innocent
Location - Fantasia

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Soon learnt, soon forgotten.