Monday, July 22, 2013

FatePlay

As you may have heard, Damien Fate of FateWear is re-releasing his creations from Fantasy Faire, under a new brand called FatePlay. What you might not know, is that he's also releasing a new dress along with it.


I got passed a blogger pack (yay!) and instantly fell in love. I only wish I had mentioned to send it to my RP avie so I could wear it around. It's just as well, Augie needed some new duds :D
You might have noticed that this has a very Tolkien feel to it. The whole line is inspired by it, actually. I'll be getting pictures of those pieces up as soon as I can. I need to man up first. 
But let's get back to this dress, shall we?
Firstly, there are a ton of options. Bodice, Skirt, shirt (with two different sleeve types) which means.. you can mix and match! 
The two different sleeve types were my second favorite thing about this outfit. Both have that longer feel, but one of them is rigged so that it always points downward. I don't know how he did it, but you are a brave soul, sir. 
Since they point downward, this causes some clipping and weird movements, but as long as you aren't flailing about too badly it looks just fine!

Now.. here is my favorite part. It's materials ready.

For those of you who don't know, materials are a new element that is being released (someday) in the viewers. It makes shiny things react to the sun!
That means jewelry will glint, silk will shimmer, and as we see in the above picture, the sheen that comes naturally from fabric is more prominent.
You must have a materials ready viewer (and the items must be materials ready) to see this. I used the SL Beta viewer, which surprisingly is the least laggy of all viewers I've tried. 

FatePlay will be open this coming Wednesday, the 24th of July. Get your lindens ready. You're going to want the Fatpack.


No comments: