Friday, September 21, 2007

Enamored


I wanted to create a Turian style Camisk.
The description of them in the books is somewhat vague, and hard to understand.







"The Turian camisk, on the other hand, if it were to be laid out on the floor, would appear somewhat like an inverted "T" in which the bar of the "T" would be beveled on each side. It is fastened with a single cord. The cord binds the girl at three points, behind the neck, behind the back, and in front at the waist. The garment itself, as might be supposed, fastens behind the girls neck, passes before her, fastens between her legs, and is then lifted and, folding the two sides of the "T's" bar about her hips, ties in front. The Turian camisk, unlike the common camisk, will cover the girl's brand; on the other hand, unlike the common camisk, it leaves the back uncovered and can be tied, and is, snugly, the better to disclose the girl's beauty."

Nomads of Gor, page 90







So, this is the result.
I have been aching to use silk textures again, but I had an overwhelming cry for more burlap and rough textures.




Not to mention the silk textures on this design made me think of the 80's. I can just imagine slaves running around with a can of Aquanet.

The belt is pure fun. I toiled for days thinking about what to put around the waist. Then I thought about what a kajira would have available, and why wouldn't she use an old belt her master had thrown away?

Just looks cute to me, and against the white camisk looks almost 60's ish.









As always, 200 L
I'm so tired of paying a ton of money for silks.

Remember, Ideas are always welcome. I can't promise that I'll be able to make it, but I can try :)


















In case you missed the notices, On every one of my ads there is a song lyric from a band.
If you guess the band, you get all 8 camisks for FREE!

Hint: It's actually two bands, with two of the same members.















No comments: