Sunday, September 1, 2013

Great Expectations

“The broken heart. You think you will die, but you just keep living, day after day after terrible day.” 
― Charles DickensGreat Expectations

A little story about this dress -
In my quest for learning more about mesh, I experimented more than I ever have before. I know it's a little out of the ordinary, and I think that is why I am so in love with it.
The dress itself is a story, you see. 
I loved the concept behind Sansa Stark's wedding gown in Game of Thrones season 3. It's this gorgeous gown with beautiful embroidery, but has heavy hip armor, as if to make her more of a woman than she is. 
More than that, it's hip armor. 
The costumer quite literally tried to shield Sansa in a way. To guard her maidenhood, and the last shred of herself that is left. 
So this is my ode to that.. except hip armor wasn't enough. I wanted something more. I put metallic bits around the collar, close to the heart. The woman who wears this gown won't just be guarding her innocence, she's guarding her heart, as well. 
Instantly I thought of Miss Havisham, wearing her torn and dirty wedding dress years later. Then I thought of Estella, who could have very easily turned into the bitter woman that raised her. 
So, this is for all the broken hearts. 
A little bit of armor to help you keep going.

- Love, Augurer.






Comes in 5 standard sizes, and 5 colors
Now available in the store!

A special recolor will be at We Love Roleplay this round.


No comments: