Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Photos and viewer issues -

Hey there friendly folks - I've got another issue I hope you can help me with.
I love taking pictures in SL. I won't say I'm any sort of expert. Every time I find a new trick it's almost always because I've read it on Strawberry Singh's blog. You should check out her work!

Recently though I've noticed a few issues I'm having with the Firestorm Viewer. I should state - I'm only assuming it's the viewer and not something with my PC. Since the new update (of which I did a clean install) I have this weird line of shadow that goes through my photos. In addition, the depth of field doesn't work.
I can see the DoF in world, but not in my snapshots.


Now, usually I can just work some photoshop magic and get rid of that nasty line (Which you can see pictured above.) but sometimes it's in places where it's going to cause an issue. In my last ad shots for the Asia dress I could see it, although it wasn't nearly as noticeable. I don't want this to be an issue for my products, obviously.

Any tips? Tricks? New viewers for photos that don't have these weird glitches?

Oddly, it's not in the same spot in every photo. Sometimes it's a box over my head. Here's another raw shot to show:

So of course, any help you can give would be greatly appreciated :D

On Renna (First photo)
Hair - .b meme - Milk
Necklace - (Yummy) Midsummer Blossom Necklace - Egg Shell (from Collabor88)
Top - -tb- Frilly dress - Blush (From Collabor88)
Skirt - Part of TWA - Sansa gown
Bracelet - LaGyo - Axila Bangle Type B
Headband - MONS Hippie Chain Headband - Feather
Hairflower - LaGyo - Lily Hairpin
Ring - Noodles - Royalty Crown Ring

2 comments:

Adora Whitesong said...

Strawberry Singh had a post on this - http://strawberrysingh.com/2012/12/07/no-more-gridlines-in-beta-viewer/

At the time, I downloaded the beta for mac, but it was far too unstable for me.

I was hoping it'd be fixed in the latest releases, but I guess not...

Sabina Takakura said...

Thanks! That helped a ton. I'll try the Beta viewer and see if that makes a difference.