Thursday, March 12, 2009

Relay for Life!

I know it's been a while since I've put something new out, but for good reason! The Second Life Relay for Life clothing fair is almost here, and I joined up.
It was my first year, and wow.. was it a lot of work. It was worth it though.
Here are some teaser photos of the outfits I made for the fair. You'll be able to get them at my Relay for Life shop, here: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Relay%20Raiders/56/190/23

And now for the teasers!
The theme this year was Pirates. I couldn't bring myself to make yet another pirate costume, so I twisted the theme. I thought to myself... why not the Odyssey? The epic pirates!

So first up.... Penelope. The dutiful wife, who waited for years for her love to come home.


"'Before the end my heart was broken down. I slumped on the trampled sand and cried aloud, caring no more for life or the light of day, and rolled there weeping, till my tears were spent.'" Book 4, lines 574-77

Circe - for the panther girls. The Goddess with a broken heart, who could only be tamed in Love.

"....So that in love and sleep we may learn to trust one another."

Lotus - after the lotus eaters. I thought it looked so sweet and innocent... for that rustic, young, free woman.

"'Nohbdy, Nohbdy's tricked me, Nohbdy's ruined me.'" Book 9, line 443



And finally.. Scylla. A red savage inspired slave garb. I used a quote about sirens here.. because a friend of mine said that if he could choose a nickname for me, it would be Siren.
Why?

"Because you are enchanting, you have the voice of an angel singing an aria, and because your companions all died because of listening to you. "

Aww.. how sweet. Except for the death thing.

I hope you like them.. do your best to make it out to the fair and help us by donating to find the cure!

No comments: